Faculty of Health, Legal and Business Studies: Profile
Foundation and accreditation:
Faculty of Health, Legal and Business Studies, former Faculty of business Valjevo, as an integral part of Singidunum University, is a higher-education institution which was founded as a legal entity in 2005. It has been accredited in accordance with the Higher-education law of Serbia by the country’s Ministry of education.
It has also been registered and accredited as a Scientific-research organization by the Ministry. It includes Institute of sustainable development as its integral part. Within it cooperation of the Faculty with local economy and community in general is realized, so that research conducted is closely related to the existing and potential problems of the city itself. As far as possible, the transfer of knowledge is included so it is employed with the purpose of contributing towards enhancement and sustainable development of various aspects of the city operations.
Location and equipment:
The faculty is located in the city of Valjevo in the west of Serbia in a new building of 4200 square meters with modernly equipped classrooms, amphitheaters, laboratories and a library.
Address: Železnička 5, 14000 Valjevo, Serbia
Study and research fields:
The faculty organizes academic undergraduate studies in the following fields:
- Information technologies,
- Tourism and hospitality,
- Business law,
- as well as corresponding Master programmes.
However, the faculty is always in search of new ideas and fields of development and cooperation with the purpose of meeting the contemporary and ever changing needs and demands of the market. More information is available on the English version of our website in the corresponding sections.
The curricula are in line with the principles of the Bologna declaration through implementation of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
The list of courses available in English changes every semester due to the fact that the faculty aims to meet the immediate and ever changing needs and environment of our students and guest students in accordance with the given possibilities and opportunities. In other words, the system is dependent on demand and supply and is quite flexible and negotiable. Therefore, it is advisable to check which of the courses are available in English in the semester of your interest with the International office. We will be happy to provide any necessary information.
Distinctive features of the faculty:
- Developed and implemented unique Entrepreneurial educational model
- IT education, whereas practical exercises/ work in computer subjects are in compliance with the program for acquiring ECDL (European Computer Driving License) certificates, all included in the Diploma Supplement.
- A constant learning of two foreign languages (English, German or Spanish) with the possibility of acquiring internationally recognized certificates of English (British Council) and Spanish (DELE).
- Working in small groups, direct contact with the subject teachers
- Practical assessment of the acquired knowledge, creative workshops
- The development of managerial and entrepreneurial spirit
- The study of business ethics and communication
- Application of mentoring and development of creativity
- Acquiring a series of hard and soft skills
Entrepreneurial educational model: more information is available on the English version of our website in the section Entrepreneurship.